Monday, November 16, 2009

Reminiscent of Sunny Summer Days


This weekend Dusty and I went to the Cougar football game. It was a fun game to go to because of the memories we have at the stadium and the lively environment. However, the game was a bit more depressing than some we have seen in the past and more importantly we were absolutely freezing sitting on the bleachers. The weather was a bitter cold reminder that summer is long gone and winter is almost here. So even though the warm days may be gone for a while, Dusty and I thought we would share some of our favorite "summer" pictures. This is also great because we can share some of our pictures from events prior to when we started our blog.

Before you look at the next pictures you have to promise not to laugh at how pale Dusty's legs look in shorts, he is very sensitive about this topic. Come on stop giggling, you have to admit it is hard for a farmer to get a tan! The pictures here are both of Dusty and me at my parents' cabin on Lake Coeur d'Alene. The picture taken inside is from two summers ago 2008 and the other, on the dock, was from the end of this last summer 2009. It is great to have a place where we can go when we want to relax and get out of town but only have a day or two. My parents' cabin is on the far side of the lake so it is much quieter than the area around the resort.



The next couple of pictures are from another place we love to visit when we have a little time off. They were taken while we were camping on Dusty's Great Aunt and Uncle's property in Sandpoint. It is a great place to visit when you want to go for a hike. It is quite the trek, but as you can see below, the awesome waterfall makes it all worthwhile. Dusty's dog Coby is in the first picture with us. He loves to go camping too. Just see how happy he looks. Oh, and we can't forget the huckleberries. They are the plumpest huckleberries I have seen anywhere. Apparently we are not the only ones that think the berries are tasty. There is a picture here of a young moose we spotted just outside of our camp site early last summer.





I hope that you have enjoyed these pictures. I know they warmed me up a little bit, at least on the inside. I guess we can't complain too much, as these pictures show, we had a great couple of summers. I just can't believe it is almost winter again! I am very excited for the holidays to get here but I could do without such cold weather. Although without the cold I know we wouldn't have any snow and I do love waking up to fresh white snow on the ground. So here's to the promise of fun in the snow!




No comments:

Post a Comment