Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend Update

We had a great weekend with our couple friends CJ and Libby. Friday night we all went out to dinner at Wingers. It was really good, especially since we havent been there in a while because of their kitchen fire. It definatly hit the spot after a  few overly busy days. After dinner we went back to our apartment for ice cream and a movie.
Saturday, Dusty and I had a relaxing morning at home. Then we picked up CJ and Libby and drove to Garfield to press cider. Dusty and I have done this for 3 years now, and we are never disappointed. This time we got some very tart apples so the cider turned out quite strong, but I like it that way. The apples were Macintosh. They look like this.


It is crazy how much the grinder and press can make from the apples. We were at the orchard for a little under an hour, and the four of us made almost eight gallons of cider. I was quite impressed with our efficiency. Here are some pictures of what the grinder/press look like... no hydraulics here. All our cider was pressed the old fashion way, by hand!


We were having so much fun with CJ and Libby that we all got together for a delicious dinner (made by Libby and CJ) and games. Of course we had to play settlers :) but Dusty and I also tried a new game, Scategories. It was a lot of fun because we had never played it before. Dusty started out doing very well, but then hit his sleepy-time wall,  right about when I started to warm up and do better.

Sunday we got up and went to church. At church we saw our friend Lindy. She is getting married soon so it is always fun to hear about how that is going. We also saw our friends Alex and Carissa. We were quite glad to see them there since their new little boy, Landon is just a week old. All three of the Little family looked amazing. I couldnt believe that Landon looks bigger already. We visited him right after he was born and that was just a week before. They do grow fast, and even faster when they arent yours because you dont see them everyday. LOL. After church, Dusty and I went home and he helped me try to catch up on my scrapbooking. We were very productive. I think we got about eight pages done, but look at the mess I made of our kitchen table. It is in the living room so we could watch a movie while we worked. You can tell by Dustys pose he is really happy about the situation. Ha ha just kidding, the table was actually his idea. I typically work on the little coffee table/floor. However, I do like this new system; I have soooo much space to work/make a mess.

All in all, it was a great weekend! Now here it is Monday again, funny how it always sneaks up on you when you are having a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment